Thursday, April 18, 2024

Hello from Sarsha

Hello 

I know some of you know me, but let me introduce myself again for those that are new here and don't know me. 

I'm Sarsha - I'm 53years young! 

Yoga teacher/guide and proud custodian of  the space I named Yoga Movement Studio. 

Yoga has been in my life for many years, nearly 30 years. I have been teaching/guiding yoga movement for over half of those years. 

I came to yoga because of work related back pain (I was a sewing machinist for 12 years) and yoga has also helped me navigate mental health issues. 

Yoga guides me everyday to just be and know that is enough - self acceptance. 

Yoga has given and continues to give vitality and a zest for life.

I no longer have constant back pain and my mental health is good most of the time and when its not (we all have off days) I dip deeper into my yoga Knowledge and practice. 

I have studied yoga and movement with many different mentors over the years. And now teach my own eclectic mix of yoga, Pilates, movement and mindfulness.

I created Yoga Movement Studio as an urban sanctuary for sustainable movement and mindful rest. For those who want to take time to nurture and nourish themselves with movement and rest. I aim to be a guide to help you find healthy nourishing movement that suits and works for your body. And mindful calmness to help your flourish mentally and emotionally.

I have sparked the light of yoga in many others over the years. Some have been with me years and are the back bone of the YMS community/family. Several have gone on to be yoga teachers themselves!

Yoga doesn't have to be about advanced poses, it can be about self acceptance, thoughtful sustainable movement and mindful rest/stillness/relaxation.  The biggest take away from yoga movement is that yoga is a life long (yet not forcibly everyday) commitment to move better and feel better. Lots of thiose who attend yoga movement classes feel benefit with one class per week. 

Outside of yoga teaching/guiding I am a mum to two kids 12 & 14 years as I write this, a wife, a daughter and a friend. My other passion in life is horses. Horses have been in my life for 40+ years. I was 10 when I had my first riding lesson and I have been horsey-ing ever since.  I am horse guardian to Mr B the equine love of my life. If I'm not yoga-ing you will find me at the farm, field poo-picking, horse grooming, stable mucking out or horse riding. Having a horse gets me out in nature everyday. My life is a routine of school runs, family time (as a family we enjoy the outdoors, walking and ski-ing), horsey-ing and yoga. 

Pre-kids I was a gym, spinn and road cycling bunny/junkie!  When the kids came along I decided to cut myself some slack and not pressure myself back to the gym, spinn or cycling. I still haven't returned to them, I have dabbled but find it hard to keep a regular commitment with all that is going on in my life now. That said yoga, my kids/family time and my horse keep me happy and healthy. 

Happiness and health to you.

Sarsha 

PS. I look forward to sharing yoga movement with you either in person at YMS or via the online studio. 

All the details of both are on the website yogamovement.studio


 

No comments:

Post a Comment